Sky is one of the largest streaming providers in Germany. With the subscription or the monthly cancelable Sky Ticket, users can stream loads of films and the latest series. TECHNOLOGYBUTTON reveals which Sky innovations await us in November.
The large Sky subscription and the Sky ticket can be used both as an annual subscription and as a monthly package. The provider bundles the series via Sky Entertainment, while film fans can find suitable content at Sky Cinema. After the changeover in July 2020, the latter is no longer available as a single package. If you want to watch films on Sky, you have to book the “Sky Entertainment and Cinema” package. The pay TV and streaming provider is regularly expanding the packages.
In November, too, Sky has some highlights in its program. The novelties include other seasons of “American Dad”, “Wentworth” and “Our Cartoon President”. But new series such as “The Comey Rule” and “The Third Day” will also appear in November. Film fans can also look forward to some highlights, including “Jojo Rabbit” and “Call of the Wild”.
- Sky Entertainment and Cinema: New series and films from November 2020
- That will start on Sky in October
Sky Entertainment and Cinema: New series and films from November 2020
- The Comey Rule (Season 1)
- Our Cartoon President (Season 3)
- After the Wedding (Drama / US Remake)
- The Good Lord Bird (Season 1)
- Terminator: Dark Fate (Sci-Fi / Action)
In the latest offshoot of the well-known “Terminator” series with Arnold Schwarzenegger from 2018, the malicious Skynet computer program has evolved. Sarah Connor hunts the terminators he uses, who are sent back to the past to usually cause a bloodbath there.
- I’ve never been to New York (drama / comedy)
- The Lodge (Drama / Horror)
- Asher (Action / Thriller)
- Lovecraft Country (Season 1)
- Call of the Wild (Adventure / Drama)
- Black Christmas (Horror / Mystery)
- Wentworth (Season 8)
- The Peanut Butter Falcon (Drama / Comedy)
The 22-year-old Zak (Zack Gottsagen) dreams of a career as a wrestler. However, he has Down syndrome and was therefore placed in an old people’s home early on. When he escapes from there, he meets the fisherman Tyler (Shia LaBeouf). Together they go on a journey and an unusual friendship develops.
- Last Christmas (Comedy / Romance)
- Killing Gunther (Action / Comedy)
- The Ship (horror)
- American Dad (Season 17)
- The Super (Horror / Thriller)
- The Third Day (Season 1)
HBO’s American miniseries “The Third Day” is coming to Sky in November. Leading actor Jude Law ends up on a remote island called Osea off the east coast of England when he saves a young girl from suicide and brings her home. He’s stuck there for the time being. You can only leave the island when the tide occasionally clears the only road that leads from the island. Later, Helen (Naomi Harris), who becomes a protagonist in the second part of the series, also ends up on the island …
- Bad Boys For Life (Action / Comedy)
- Jojo Rabbit (Drama / War Film / Comedy)
The American feature film “Jojo Rabbit” is about the outsider Johannes “Jojo” Betzler (Roman Griffin Davis) and takes place in the last months of World War II. He is a happy member of the Hitler Youth and his best (imaginary) friend is Adolf Hitler (Taika Waititi) personally, who always encourages him. The film about a boy who tries to understand fascism features prominence with Scarlett Johannsen, Alfie Allen and Sam Rockwell and has been nominated six times for an Oscar.
30th of November
- The Undoing (Season 1)
That will start on Sky in October
- 1917 (war film)
The Oscar-winning war drama “1917” by Sam Mendes accompanies two British soldiers in the First World War. Will Schofield (George MacKay) and Tom Blake (Dean-Charles Chapman) are on their way across the war zone with an important message for Colonel Mackenzie (Benedict Cumberbatch). Above all, the one-cut technique and the resulting impressive real-time images make the film, which also stands out from the mass of war films, a real recommendation.
- The Hero (Drama / Comedy)
- I May Destroy You (Season 1)
- Room 104 (season 4)
- Queen & Slim (Thriller)
- Underwater – It’s Awakened (Sci-Fi / Action / Thriller)
From October 24th
- Search Party (Season 3)
- Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Comedy)
From October 26th
- Burden of Truth (Season 1)
- Back (Season 8)
- Teen Spirit (musical-drama)
From October 29th
- Hausen (Season 1)
“Hausen” combines horror, mystery, dark fairy tale and drama. Thomas Stuber directed the eight episodes for Lago Film on behalf of Sky Deutschland. Charly Hübner, Tristan Göbel, Lilith Stangenberg, Alexander Scheer and Daniel Sträßer can be seen in the leading roles.
- Spy Undercover (Comedy Animation)