Animal Crossing: New Horizons has not even been on the market for a year, but is already one of the orders for the Nintendo Switch. At regular intervals, players can look forward to updates that unlock new functions and bring new items into the game. The update is particularly special in March.
The next big update for “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” is planned for February 25th. So far, however, it was not known what innovations it would have in store. Only the mushroom known from the Mario universe and the star teased a special combination of the two games that did not exist before. Now Nintendo has become more direct and has revealed more details on Twitter. From March 1st, various items from the “Super Mario Bros” universe will be available for purchase in the Nook shop. You can then use them to transform the island from “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” into a level from Super Mario – including many special effects.
Animal Crossing celebrates Super Mario’s birthday
Last year, Super Mario celebrated its 35th birthday. Nintendo honored the event not only with a special game combination, but also with a special edition of the Switch in the well-known Mario colors. Now there is another celebration afterwards, but with “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”. Players can transform their island into a Super Mario world with various items. With the matching clothing, which will also be available from March, you will become Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or the nasty Wario yourself.
All new Super Mario items and their prices
In the one-minute clip, Nintendo teasers the Super Mario items that will be available from March on “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”. Their prices are also known, so that players can save on the equipment they want now.
Super Mario items:
- Super Mario Mushroom – 2000 Sternis
- Coins – 350 sternis
- Fire flower – 1500 sternis
- Turtle shell – 700 sternis
- Super mushroom – 1350 sternis
- Super star – 2000 sternis
- standing brick block – 1000 sternis
- floating brick block – 1000 sternis
- Question mark block throwing coins on the earth – 1350 sternis
- spiky stone block falling on players – 3000 sternis
- Tubes that carry games inside from one end of the island to the other – 5000 sternis
- Checkered flag that can be seen in Super Mario at the end of a level – 3500 sternis
- large mushroom stand – 3000 sternis
- small mushroom stand – 1000 sternis
Also interesting: Will Nintendo get five Zelda games out for Switch this year?
Super Mario style clothing:
- Mario hat – 1500 sternis
- Luigi hat – 1500 sternis
- Wario hat – 1500 sternis
- Princess Peach’s Crown – 12,000 Sternis
- Mario mustache – 1500 sternis
- Luigi mustache – 1500 sternis
- Wario mustache – 1500 sternis
- Mario outfit – 2400 sternis
- Luigi outfit – 2400 sternis
- Wario outfit – 2400 sternis
- Princess Peach’s dress – 6000 sternis
- Mario shoes – 1400 sternis
- Luigi shoes – 1400 sternis
- Wario shoes – 1400 sternis
- Princess Peach’s Shoes – 2400 Sternis
Carpets and wallpapers in Super Mario style
- Mushroom wallpaper – 3000 sternis
- Block bottom – 3000 sternis
- Lakitus Cloud Carpet – 1500 Sternis
- Yoshi’s Egg Carpet – 1500 Sternis
Above all, the tubes from the Super Mario universe should inspire many players * of “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”. They can then be used to jump from one end of the island to the other within seconds. But the other items are already creating enthusiasm among the fan base.