The streaming service Disney + mainly offers content from the Disney universe as well as the Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars series (Lucasfilm) that have since become part of it. From this month, the new “Star” offer will also be included, showing content from 16 years of age. The platform regularly expands its program with further films, series and new seasons. TECHNOLOGY BUTTON lists the Disney + innovations for February 2021 here.
Disney + makes the full range of the Walt Disney Company available to its users. But there is a lot of content available not only for children, there is also a lot to stream for adults. In addition to the National Geographic innovations, the popular Star Wars universe and the superheroes from Marvel are also represented on Disney +. New in February: The more adult-oriented offer called “Star”. The streaming platform’s program is growing every month ; Because of Corona, Disney even released the first movies directly from its streaming provider . The novelties appear every week and are published on Friday.
New on Disney + in February
In February 2021, there is not so much on the program at Disney + itself. The biggest highlight is certainly the original “Flora & Ulysses”. Otherwise there is a new season “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” in the starting blocks. Disney + is bringing out a completely new area called “Star” on February 23. This will be featured at the top alongside other brands such as Marvel and National Geographic. In terms of content, the new module is aimed primarily at adults and young people aged 16 and over and shows films and series from studios that also belong to Disney, but have not yet fit into the family-oriented portfolio. The following content will come straight to Disney + with the “Star” launch on February 23; otherwise the weekly rhythm of the publications will be maintained every Friday.
- Big Sky (since 2020; thriller series from director E. Kelley with Ryan Philippe and Katheryn Winnick)
- Love, Victor (since 2020; coming-of-age series with Michael Cimino)
“Love, Victor” is the follow-up series to the successful film “Love, Simon” from 2018. Both are based on the novel “Just Three Words”. The focus of the action is the Puerto Rican youth Victor, who has just moved to Atlanta with his family. The boy now not only has to deal with a new city and a new school, but is also confronted with his homosexuality. The series is one of the figureheads of the new “Star” offer at Disney +.
- Family Guy (since 1999; sartire / comedy)
- 24 (2001-2010; action thriller series with Kiefer Sutherland about an agent of the anti-terrorist unit)
- Lost (2004–2010; mystery series about the survivors of a plane crash)
- Black-ish (since 2014; series about an African American family in a white neighborhood)
- Desperate Housewives (2004-2012; dramedy series about suburban housewives involved in a crime)
- How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014; sitcom about a group of friends in New York)
- Prison Break (2005-2017; action series about escaping from a death row)
- The X-Files – The FBI’s Scary Cases (1993–2002; mystery series with Gillian Anderson and Dave Duchovny)
- Atlanta (since 2016; dramedy series by and with Donald Glover about a college dropout who becomes a rap manager)
From February 5th
- Robots (2005; animation / family film / comedy)
- Bibi & Tina – The Film (2014; family film by director Detlev Buck with Lina Larissa Strahl, the witch Bibi Blocksberg)
- Bibi & Tina 2: Voll Verhext (2014; family film)
- Bibi & Tina: Girls Against Boys (2016; family film)
- Welcome to the House of Owls (Season 1) (2020; Animated Series / Fantasy)
From February 12th
- The Beni Challenge (seasons 1–3) (since 2019; TV show with Benedikt Weber)
- On the pots, ready, delicious! (Season 1–2) (since 2017; German youth comedy cooking show)
- Car SOS (Season 7) – National Geographic (since 2013; British show about car restoration)
- Fascination Supercars (Season 1) – National Geographic (since 2020; British show about famous cars)
From February 19th
- Flora & Ulysses (2021; family film / comedy / superhero by Lena Khan with Matilda Lawler as child superhero)
- An Unpredictable Family (Season 1) (since 2019; Family Series / Comedy)
- Gag Attack (Season 1) (since 2020; comedy show for children)
- Our Cosmos: The Journey Continues (Season 2) – National Geographic (since 2014; documentary series about space with host Neil deGrasse Tyson)
From February 26th
- Flicka 2 – Friends for Life (2010; horse film by Michael Damian with Patrick Wartburton and Tammin Sursok)
- Flicka 3 – Best Friends (2012; horse film)
- Mickey Go Local (since 2019; animated series about Mickey Mouse in Southeast Asia)
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (season 6) (since 2013; action series by the Whedon brothers about the Marvel secret organization SHIELD)
- Tierduell (Season 1) (since 2020; TV show for children)
- The Yukon Vet (Season 6) – National Geographic (since 2014; series about a veterinarian in North America)
- Ice Road Rescue – Extreme rescue in Norway (season 4) – National Geographic (since 2015; series about rescue workers in extreme situations)
Stream Disney +: Subscription prices and supported devices
In order to stream series and films on Disney +, users must take out a subscription. In contrast to many other streaming platforms, however, there is no trial access. Disney + offers two subscription options. On the one hand, customers can take out a monthly subscription for 6.99 euros each. On the other hand, there is access for a whole year, which can be concluded for a one-time fee of 69.99 euros. Compared to the monthly billed subscription, customers save a little over 15 percent here.
With their account, subscribers can stream on four devices at the same time. Some of the content is also available in 4K. Disney + runs on the Amazon Fire TV, Magenta TV-Stick and Apple TV, many Android TVs, TVs from LG and Samsung as well as in the browser and on the PS4 and Xbox game consoles.