The winners of the 2021 Oscars have been announced. And you can already watch a number of them from streaming providers.
The Oscars 2021 were also dominated by Corona. Due to the restricttions that the film industry was subject to due to the pandemic, films from more than one calendar year have been permitted for the first time since 1934. In addition, the award ceremony itself did not take place at the end of February as originally planned, but on April 25, 2021. The winners of the 93rd Academy Awards have now been determined and some of them can already be viewed from various streaming providers such as Netflix , Amazon Prime Video and Disney + look at.
You can stream these 2021 Oscars winners
You can already stream eight of the 15 award-winning films, primarily on Netflix. Among other things, there is “Mank” there, which has received “only” two awards (out of ten nominations), but is nonetheless an absolute recommendation. Subscribers can also stream the drama “Sound of Metal” on Amazon Prime Video, and Disney + has the best animated film in 2021, “Soul”.
Here is the full list of the 2021 Oscar winners and a note on where to stream the films:
title, number, Awarded for best, Streaming provider
- Nomad land 3 Film, director, leading actress
- Deficiency 2 Camera, production design Netflix
- Judas and the Black Messiah 2 Supporting actor, movie song
- Sound of metal 2 Sound, cut Amazon Prime Video
- The Father 2 Leading actor, adapted screenplay
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 2 Costume design, makeup Netflix
- soul 2 Animation film, music Disney +
- Minari – where we put down roots 1 Supporting actress
- Promising Young Woman 1 Original script
- The intoxication 1 International film
- Tenet 1 Visual effects Sky
- If Anything Happens I Love You 1 Animated short film Netflix
- Two distant strangers 1 Short film Netflix
- My teacher, the octopus 1 documentary Netflix
- Colette 1 Documentary short film
The most promising film of the Oscars 2021 with no less than ten nominations was “Mank”. Among other things, the biographical comedy was nominated in the major categories of Best Film, Best Director, Best Lead Actor and Best Supporting Actress. Ultimately, he won in the categories Best Camera and Best Production Design. The film is based on true stories from the life of screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz (Gary Oldman). He lives in seclusion on a ranch in Texas, is an alcoholic and can currently only walk with crutches due to an accident. When Orson Welles asked him to write the script for his film “Citizen Kane”, Mankiewicz sensed his chance.
Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix)
Viola Davis plays in this film Gertrude “Ma” Rainey “, who was also known as the” Queen of the Blues “. In Chicago in 1927 there was a dispute between the diva and her band (including Chadwick Boseman as trumpeter Levee Green), and things didn’t go well with manager Irvin either. The music film by George C. Wolfe was able to win at the Oscars 2021 in the categories of costume design and make-up. Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman were also eligible for the coveted award in the categories of Best Leading Actress and Leading Actor, respectively. These then went to Francis McDormand (Nomadland) and Anthony Hopkins (The Father).
Sound of Metal (Amazon Prime Video)
Ruben Stone (Riz Ahmed) is a passionate drummer. When the ex-heroin junkie loses most of his hearing one day and is supposed to avoid loud noises from now on, a world collapses for him. To protect him, his partner Lou (Olivia Cooke) even breaks off the tour together. Ruben is given a place in a deaf shared apartment where he initially feels excluded. Although he is increasingly fitting into the community, he cannot give up his dream of metal music. The film won the Oscars for Best Sound and Editing.
Soul (Disney +)
Joe Gardner (Jamie Foxx) is a passionate jazz musician, but so far quite unsuccessful. When one day he gets the opportunity to perform alongside a jazz icon, he falls into a sewer on the way, and his soul ends up in another dimension. From then on he is desperately looking for a way back from there to make his dream come true. The disgruntled soul 22 (Tina Fey) clings to his heels. The animated film by Pixar has been nominated at the Oscars 2021 for Best Animated Film, but also for Best Score and Best Sound. With the exception of the latter, he was able to win two of three categories.
Also interesting: Further price increases at Netflix in sight
The full list of nominees for streamable films for the 2021 Oscars
Of course, not all nominated films were able to win one of the coveted trophies. Nonetheless, all nominees are of course worth seeing. Here you can find the complete list of all streamable Oscar nominees for 2021.
Title (alphabetical), number, Nominated for best, Streaming provider
- Borat Subsequent Movie 2 Supporting actress, adapted screenplay Amazon Prime Video
- Burrow 1 animated short film Disney +
- Crip Camp 1 documentary Netflix
- Since 5 Bloods 1 Film music Netflix
- The only real Ivan 1 visual effects Disney +
- The White tiger 1 adapted script Netflix
- The colorful side of the moon 1 Animation film Netflix
- You have life in front of you 1 Movie song Netflix
- Eurovision Song Contest: Story of Fire Saga 1 Movie song Netflix
- Greyhound 1 volume Apple TV +
- Hillbilly Elegy 2 Supporting actress, makeup Netflix
- Deficiency 10 Film, director, leading actor, supporting actress, camera, production design, costume design, film music, make-up, sound Netflix
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom 5 Leading actor, leading actress, scene design, costume design, make-up Netflix
- My teacher, the octopus 1 documentary Netflix
- Mulan 2 Costume design, visual effects Disney +
- News from the world 4th Camera, production design, soundtrack, sound Netflix
- One night in Miami 3 Supporting actor, adapted screenplay, film song Amazon Prime Video
- Onward – No half measures 1 Animation film Disney +
- Soul 3 Film music, animation film, sound Disney +
- Sound of metal 6th Film, leading actor, supporting actor, original screenplay, editing, sound Amazon Prime Video
- Speak Now 1 Movie song Amazon Prime Video
- Tenet 2 visual effects, production design Sky (from April)
- The Midnight Sky 1 visual effects Netflix
- The Trial of the Chicago 7 6th Film, supporting actor, original screenplay, camera, film song, editing Netflix
- Time 1 documentary Amazon Prime Video